Should You Consider Getting Eyeglasses Or Contact Lenses?
It is vital to understand that the main factor that creates a difference in whether you should consider contact lenses or eyeglasses for vision correction depends on your personal needs and preferences.
The factors include convenience, comfort, lifestyle, aesthetics, budget, as well as your taste.
Therefore, before you make up your mind between these two ways of correcting your vision, you should have in mind that there is no such thing as a better solution because both of them feature advantages and disadvantages that you have to consider.
Therefore, before you go to eye exam near me, you have to learn what differences between these two eye correction methods are so that you can enjoy all the way.
Eyeglasses vs. Contact Lenses
We have to start by saying that glasses can provide you numerous advantages over contact lenses and that is something you have to remember.
The critical consideration is that they require little maintenance and cleansing, you are decreasing risks of eye infection because it will not touch your bare eye, and they are more affordable solution than contact lenses because you do not have to replace them too often.
At the same time, eyeglasses will be able to help you adjust the light, which is entering your eye so that you can enjoy in optimum vision and comfort.
Have in mind that if you want to use photochromic lenses, they are great for night and indoor, because they tend to darken automatically when you do not have sunlight around. That will provide you a comfortable and clear vision of light without affecting your sight.
Of course, you can find some contact lenses that can easily block some of UV light from entering the eye; these glasses tend to prevent 100% of UV and protect the inside from them as well.
Apart from that, glasses can quickly become an excellent fashion statement and extension of your personality. By saying that, contact lenses have numerous benefits when compared with lenses, but the things are going vice versa too.
For instance, contacts will fit directly on your eye, so you will not have obstructed peripheral vision, which is a common problem with eyewear.
You will not be able to participate in sports and outdoor activities with regular glasses, which is why most athletes are using contacts for those reasons. At the same time, you can also change the color of your eyes by using contact lenses, which is an exciting thing to do at first.
Therefore, the answer to the question, which is better for you, depends on your needs, preferences, and lifestyle that you are leading. Consequently, we will present you the pros and cons of each solution so that you can choose based on relevant information.
You should check here so that you can learn more on glasses in general.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Contact Lenses
- Contact lenses can fit the curve of your eye, which means that you will enjoy in the broader field of view that will cause fewer obstructions and visual distortions than glasses in general.
- They are convenient because they won’t get in the way when exercising or playing sports
- They will not clash with things that you are wearing.
- They are not affected by weather conditions, and they will not fog on the rain and cold weather similarly as glasses.
- You can experiment by changing your eye color
- Special ones can reshape the cornea while you sleep
- It is challenging to apply them to the eyes.
- They are reducing the amount of oxygen your eye will get, which may lead to dryness.
- They are not for people that are working at a computer.
- They require proper maintenance
- If you fall asleep with them, that may lead to irritation and other issues.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Eyeglasses
- You will not have close contact with the eyes, which means that you will reduce the possibility of developing an infection.
- In case you have sensitive or dry eyes, glasses will not cause further irritation.
- Affordable price tag when compared with contact lenses, and you do not have to replace them as often.
- You can find fashionable frames that will make you more appealing.
- You will distort peripheral vision.
- They were not always fashionable, and some people may feel that glasses are not making them appealing as before.
- Frames could cause pressure on your ears and nose, which may cause general discomfort and even headaches.